Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Raspberry Brownies

This starts with my current favorite brownie recipe. I always have everything on hand to make these brownies, they are super easy and yummy. The only thing that I did differently is that normally these brownies are mint (also awesome), but this time I made them Raspberry. I have been wanting lots of raspberry deliciousness lately and these satisfy that!

Raspberry Brownies
adapted from Worldwide Ward Cookbook

Brownies

1 cup butter, melted
2/3 cup cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour





Finished baking

Mix butter, cocoa and sugar. When combined, add eggs, one at a time, making sure to beat between each egg. Stir in the flour. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees fro 25 minutes. Allow to cool completely. I made these the night before I wanted them, just to make sure they had the chance to cool completely before frosting them.

Raspberry Frosting

1/2 cup butter, softened
3 cups of powdered sugar (about 1 pound)
1 to 3 tablespoons milk
1 to 2 teaspoons of raspberry extract
red food coloring

Cream butter and powdered sugar. Add milk one tablespoon at a time, watching for a good spreadable consistency. At Cutler's we say you want it to be soft, yet your frosting knife should be held up if you put it in knife side down. Add raspberry extract, make sure that you can taste raspberry, I didn't buy the McCormick kind, I bought the cheaper kind and I needed to add a lot of raspberry to get the flavor I wanted. Next time I'll buy the more expensive kind and not have to use quite so much. Also add a few drops of red food coloring, just to get it the color you want.

Spread over the brownie layer. Allow to harden in the refrigerator until firm.

Chocolate Topping

1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter

This is the very best part! Melt the chocolate and the butter in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir and put back in for 30 second increments, stirring each time until melted and combined. Pour over frosted brownies, covering completely. Refrigerate until topping is set and hardened. Let brownies sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting.







1 comment:

  1. I love brownies, but with raspberry, it's even better.

    ReplyDelete