Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Slow Cooker Pineapple BBQ Beef

I came across this recipe a couple of weeks ago on the Six Sisters blog, one of my favorite places to get recipes. It sounded really great. So I thought that I would go ahead and try it. I tried it on the Ciabatta bread that I posted the recipe for last week. It was good, but I have just a few tweaks that I'm making to the recipe to make it even better! 

Slow Cooker Pineapple BBQ Beef
adapted from Six Sisters Stuff

1 (2-3 pound) chuck roast
1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, juice reserved
1 onion, diced
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon mustard (whatever kind will work!)
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon instant Tapioca (found on baking aisle)

Line crock pot with a Slow Cooker liner (this makes clean up so easy!) Place the roast inside. Mix together the other ingredients (pineapple juice, onion, vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, mustard and Worcestershire sauce). Add the pineapple to the top of the roast and cook on low for 8-10 hours. You can also cook on high for about half the time, but the roast comes out so tender this way, that if you have time, you should cook on low.

When the roast is finished, shred the meat apart with two forks. The meat is very tender and should shred easily, also get rid of any big chunks of fat at this time. 

Place meat on toasted buns, I used Ciabatta bread, and top with your favorite sandwich toppings. At our house we used, muenster cheese, tomatoes and red onions. 



No comments:

Post a Comment