Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Cinnamon White Chocolate Chip Cookies

You know how on blogs everything always looks perfect. Well, it's not! Today we're going to be keeping things real. Here's a picture of what 90 percent of the cookies I bake at home turn out looking like. 




Not so pretty, right? They usually taste okay, but they may have a bit of a greasy texture. The thing is, I can take the exact same dough to Cutler's and bake it in their commercial oven and have the same batter turn out great. Not sure what's causing this, but I'm guessing there's something wrong with our oven. Usually it's just cookies that turn out like this but we have issues with cake mixes too. I wish I knew what was causing it, then I could fix it. Does anyone have any suggestions? With these cookies I added a bit more flour to the next batches and they turned out better, though still not Cutler's quality.

Enough of my oven issues, now for the recipe. I've seen recipes using cinnamon chips all over the blogosphere, but I've been unable to find any to try. I did finally find some at Gygi, man I love that place! Then I took Cutler's basic dough and put in equal amounts of white chocolate chips and cinnamon chips, the result was some pretty amazing cookies!

Cinnamon White Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 1/4 cup cake flour (can use all purpose, I would use about the same amount)
1 cup cinnamon chips
1 cup white chocolate chips



  
Cream sugar and butter/margarine.  Add vanilla and eggs. Mix until well blended.  Add dry ingredients and white and cinnamon chips.  Mix. Use a cookie scoop to scoop your cookies.

Cook at 350 for 10-12 minutes.  Cookies are done when lightly browned at the edges and crackled on top.




1 comment:

  1. That almost looks like a too soft or melted butter type of cookie. I have to put extra flour in mine so they don't turn out like that and also make sure my butter isn't too soft or melted. These look great, and I luckily found cinnamon chips in my small town wal-mart, so I am making these today!

    ReplyDelete