Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Homemade Box Mix Style Brownies

It's really no secret that I have a slight Pinning addiction. I may also have a board full of recipes that I want to try some time. I happened across these awesome brownies on Picky Palate and knew they would be perfect to try. The only problem was that she baked them in an 8X11 inch pan. I've never even heard of that size! So I doubled the recipe and baked it in a standard 8 x 13 inch pan. The results were awesome. The brownies were super thick and rich. I was happy to share with a couple of neighbors to spare myself some unneeded pounds!

Homemade Box Mix Style Brownies

adapted from Picky Palate

2 sticks unsalted butter, partially melted
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla 
1 cup all purpose flour
2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with foil sprayed with baking spray (makes it easier to get out) making sure to leave a couple inches for handles on each side of the pan. 

In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, oil and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla until combined. Then add flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder, and chocolate chips, making sure all is well combined. Place in prepared pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. I had a hard time knowing whether these were done or not, because of all the chocolate chips, but they were done after about 40 minutes in our oven. Allow to cool completely in the pan, about 1 hour. Remove, using the foil, slice and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment