Wednesday, January 15, 2014

One Avocado Guacamole

Guacamole is one of our family's favorite things to eat on Mexican food. It's great on any kind of burrito, quesadilla or simply with chips. That being said, it seems like if we open a big thing of guacamole, it's not going to be finished and it's going to turn brown and be yucky. So, I was buying the 100 calorie packs of Wholy Guacamole, but then they changed them and the guacamole had a strange texture. I was way excited when I found this awesome recipe in the Food Nanny's new cookbook that I got for Christmas, I just knew it was going to be great and it was! The awesome thing about this recipe is that you can double, triple, quadruple, whatever you need to to get the amount of guacamole that you want. Next time I make it, I will probably tone down the garlic salt just a bit, but otherwise it was perfect. I can't wait to make it again! Don't forget to plan ahead for this one and have ripe avocados on hand.

One Avocado Guacamole
The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner Again

1 Avocado, peeled, and pitted 
3 dashes hot sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot)
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt 
1/2 fresh lime, juiced (I used a couple of dashes of lime juice you buy from the grocery store)
Fresh ground black pepper

Mash avocado, I put it in a bowl and mashed it with a fork. Place the mashed avocado in a small bowl. Mix in the hot sauce, garlic sauce and lime juice. Taste to adjust seasoning. Add  pepper to taste. Serve immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment